In Romanian: Tort Alcazar
- 6 yolks
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 8 oz / 250 g butter
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup coffee
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- ¼ cup rum
- Whip the egg whites with the sugar and vanilla, add the walnuts and mix gently.
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular baking pan, (previously covered with parchment paper and lightly greased with oil), using a knife to spread it into a uniform layer.
- Bake at medium heat(350) and when ready, invert onto a cutting board, moisten the paper and peel it off the cake.
- Cut lengthwise in two or three equal parts and spread the following cream on each of them.
- Mix the yolks with the sugar, add the milk, coffee, set on heat and keep stirring until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Do not let boil.
- Remove from heat, mix with cocoa and let cool.
- Beat the butter until creamy, add the rum and mix with the boiled mixture; mix well and spread the cream on the sheets.
- Cover the cake with the same cream and garnish with ground walnuts.
- Serve cut in triangular pieces.