In Romanian: Tort de migdale
- 8 eggs
- 14 oz / 400 g confectioner's sugar
- 7 oz / 200 g blanched and ground (not too fine) almonds
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
- filling and icing
- Cream the sugar with the yolks until foamy.
- Add the almonds and potato flour and mix well.
- Add the whipped egg whites, mix gently and then pour the mixture into the pan which was covered with buttered parchment paper.
- Bake at medium heat.
- When it is completely cold, halve crosswise with a very sharp long knife.
- Fill with a Butter Cream and glaze with a Chocolate Icing.