In Romanian: Pesmeti cu anason
- 2 lbs / 1 kg flour
- 7 oz / 210 g sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 yolks and 2 whole eggs
- 5 oz / 150 g butter
- 1½ oz / 40 g yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground anise mixed with 2 – 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar,
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix the yeast with a teaspoon of sugar, add ½ cup tepid milk and a little flour, so that the starter is soft.
- Let it rise.
- Then it has doubled, add the rest of the tepid milk, salt, eggs beaten with sugar, vanilla and melted butter (tepid).
- Knead well until it bubbles.
- Divide the dough into two parts and place in bread pans.
- Cover and let them rise in a warm place until the pans are almost full.
- Wash with beaten egg and bake at medium heat.
- Remove from pans and the second or third day, cut into finger thick slices.
- Arrange these slices next to one another in a baking sheet and place in a warm oven to dry out.
- When the slices are dry, increase the heat and bake until golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle each slice with confectioner's sugar mixed with anise.
- These biscuits keep well for a long time.