In Romanian: Tort de caise
- 12 oz / 350 g flour
- 4 oz / 100 g butter or margarine
- 4 oz / 100 g sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- grated lemon peel
- confectioner's sugar
- Beat the butter with the sugar, then with egg.
- Add the sour cream, vinegar, vanilla, lemon peel and mix well.
- Add the flour and knead a dough which you then refrigerate for 1 hour (the dough can be made the night before and refrigerated overnight).
- Divide the dough in two and roll each part into a round sheet.
- Grease the cake pan, lay the first sheet in and bake.
- When the dough has risen and has started to become a little crusty, lay the apricot halves, sprinkle with the 3 tablespoons sugar and cover with the second sheet.
- Place again in the oven, at medium heat and bake until golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan, then turn onto a plate and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar (you may use sour cherries instead of apricots).