In Romanian: Lichior de caise
- 1 qt / 1 l water
- 1 lb / 500 g sugar
- ½ qt / 0,5 l vodka
- ¼ vanilla stick
- one teaspoon caramelized sugar essence (optional)
- Put the pitted apricots in a glass jar, pour vodka to cover, and cover the jar tightly with cellophane.
- Keep this in the sun for two weeks.
- This will be the essence.
- Make a syrup out of the sugar and water.
- When ready, add half of the strained essence and remove from heat.
- Let cool.
- Then add the other half of the strained essence, ½ qt / 0,5 l vodka and the caramelized sugar essence. It is better to filter this through special filter paper.
- Bottle the drink and keep in a cool place.