In Romanian: Purcel de lapte la tava
- As soon as the piglet was slaughtered, place in a large basin, spray some rosin on it and then pour some hot water.
- Turn the piglet on all sides so that it softens.
- Then remove from the basin onto a cutting board and remove all hairs. (It will be very easy).
- Rub with a clean cloth and then singe over an open flame.
- Then place in a basin with tepid water.
- Wash and scrape with a knife.
- Rinse with cold water, then slit open on the belly, from the tail to the neck.
- Remove the intestines and innards, taking care not to break the bile.
- Wash well in 2 – 3 changes of water, drain for 10 minutes, then place on a cutting board with the four legs bent (kneeling).
- Refrigerate until the following day.
- One hour before roasting, do this.
- Wash the piglet, rub with a dry cloth, inside and outside.
- Rub with one tablespoon of salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Place in the roasting pan with the knees bent and set on sticks and the ears wrapped in white paper.
- Grease with lard and place a red apple in its mouth.
- Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of water and set in the oven at low heat to start with, then higher and higher.
- During roasting, occasionally baste with a little rum mixed with oil.
- When it starts to brown, increase the heat, do not baste and cook until done.
- Serve with french fries, sautéd sauerkraut, roasted apples or pickled peppers.