In Romanian: Salata de boeuf
- 4 – 5 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- 1 parsnip (optional)
- 1 large celery root
- a handful of green peas
- 2 pickles
- ½ lb / 250 g beef sirloin
- 300g mayo
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- You get the best beef salad by boiling the vegetables with the meat (soup).
- Cube the potatoes and all other vegetables.
- The same goes for the meat and pickles.
- Place all in a bowl, add the peas and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayo and mustard.
- Add ¾ of the mayo mixture to the meat and vegetables and mix well.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- Smooth with a knife and then cover with the rest of the mayo mixture.
- Garnish with a few olives, hard boiled egg white, or egg slices, pickled red peppers, parsley, etc.
- Try to shape flowers, other designs.