In Romanian: Limba fiarta
- 1 beef or 3 - 4 pork tongues (approx 2 lbs / 1 kg)
- 2 onions
- 1 parsley root
- 1 carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 - 5 juniper berries
- horseradish sauce
- mustard or tomato sauce
- Wash the tongue in several changes of water, scrape with a knife, remove the fatty parts, set in a pot with cold water and simmer.
- Remove foam, add onion, soup vegetables, juniper berries, bay leaf and salt. Cover and simmer for 3 hours.
- Remove from the water, place on a cutting board and peel with the help of a knife, pulling the skin from the tip to the root.
- Slice, arrange on a platter and pour horseradish or mustard or tomato sauce over it.