In Romanian: Paine cu lapte
- 2 lbs / 1 kg flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 14 – 16 oz / 400 – 500 g milk
- 2 oz / 50 g yeast
- oil to grease the pan
- Mix the sugar with the yeast in a small bowl.
- When it reaches the consistency of sour cream, add 2 – 3 tablespoons of warm milk, a little flour, mix well and cover with a cloth, leaving it until it rises.
- Take a larger bowl and place the warm milk, salt and dough starter (after it rises).
- Add flour and knead, adding oil as you do it.
- Knead until bubbly.
- Cover and leave in a warm place to rise.
- After it has doubled in bulk, place in the baking pan that was previously greased.
- Place again in a warm place for 15 – 20 minutes.
- First bake at low temperature until the dough rises, then increase the heat.