In Romanian: Chec brun
- 4 oz / 125 g butter
- 5 eggs
- 8 oz / 250 g sugar
- 8 oz / 250 g flour
- vanilla or lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- butter and flour to grease and dust the pan
- 4 tablespoons chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream the butter with the sugar and the 4 yolks added one by one, add 1 whole egg, vanilla and baking powder.
- Add 4 tablespoons chocolate melted in 2 tablespoons hot milk.
- After everything is mixed well, gradually add the flour, then the 4 whipped egg whites.
- Mix gently. Pour into the buttered and dusted bread pan.
- Bake at medium heat for about a half hour. Test with a wooden pick.