In Romanian: Chec din albusuri
- 7 – 8 egg whites
- 10 oz / 300 g sugar
- 5 oz / 150 g butter or margarine
- 5 oz / 150 g flour
- peel from 1 lemon
- 4 oz / 100 g sliced walnuts
- butter and flour to grease and dust the pan
- Whip the egg whites with the sugar. Gradually add the melted and still warm butter (margarine), stirring continuously.
- Then add the lemon peel and flour.
- Place half of the walnuts on the bottom of a buttered and dusted bread pan.
- Then pour the batter and the remaining walnuts on top. Bake, first at low heat and then increase it.