In Romanian: Prajitura cu visine
- 7 oz / 200 g confectioner's sugar
- 7 oz / 200 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 – 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 lbs / 2 kg sour cherries
- flour as needed
- vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar
- After you mix the sugar with the eggs and vanilla, add sour cream and butter, mixing well, then add the baking soda.
- Knead everything with flour so that you get a medium stiff dough.
- Roll into a finger thick sheet and lay into a pan.
- Bake only until the dough lightens in color.
- Remove from the oven and quickly arrange the pitted and well drained sour cherries on top of the dough.
- Let bake. When it is done, cut into medium squares, while still hot in the pan.
- Arrange the squares on a plate and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- When they are cold, sprinkle some more vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar on them.
- Strawberries or apricots may be used instead of sour cherries.