In Romanian: Prajitura cu mere intregi
- 12 medium apples
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar
- butter and flour to grease and dust the pan
- Peel and hollow the apples, remove seeds and replace them with sour cherries from preserves.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Whip the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Mix the yolks with the sugar and vanilla, add the sour cream and then gradually (like a rain) add the flour and mix well.
- Finally, add the whipped egg whites and apples.
- Mix gently.
- Arrange the apples in the pan and pour the mixture over them; bake and serve warm.
- Butter a pan, dust well with flour and pour the mixture in.
- Bake at medium heat until done.
- Serve warm sprinkled with vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar.