In Romanian: Crap pe orez
- 2 lbs / 1 kg carp
- 1 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Clean and wash the fish, then split lengthwise and cut in 1½" wide pieces; salt and let sit for a half hour.
- In the meantime, start frying the chopped onion until half done.
- Add the washed and dried rice and let fry until it starts turning yellow.
- Then pour water to cover the rice and let it boil for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Place the rice-onion mixture in a baking dish, add salt and pepper and then the pieces on top.
- Make a sauce out of a teaspoon of flour mixed with two tablespoons of vinegar, pour over the and place in the oven.
- Add some water every now and then, as needed.
- Serve warm or cold.