In Romanian: Crap cu maioneza
- 2 lbs / 1 kg carp
- soup vegetables (carrots, parsnips, parsley roots)
- 3 – 4 juniper berries
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion
- Clean, wash, salt the carp and let it sit for 10 – 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, set the vegetables to boil with 1 qt / 1 l of water, some salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- Let boil until the vegetables are tender.
- Then remove from heat, add the quartered potatoes and let boil for a few minutes.
- Then add the carp pieces.
- Let it cool off in the liquid it boiled in.
- Then remove carefully and set on a platter.
- Split it lengthwise, remove the backbone and all other bones.
- Do this carefully so that the maintains its shape.
- Place one half over the other, cut into pieces and cover with mayo.
- Garnish the edges of the platter with finely chopped lettuce.
- Every here and there make mounds of finely chopped carrot (carrot that boiled with the carp).
- Place an olive on top of each mound.