In Romanian: Supa de pasare
- 2 lbs / 1 kg chicken parts
- 3 qts / 3 l water
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsley root
- 1 celery root
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 5 juniper berries (optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Set to boil the chicken with the cold water.
- Let the pot uncovered until the liquid starts foaming.
- Remove this foam periodically with the slotted spoon until foaming stops.
- Add the vegetables, juniper berries, bay leaf and a little salt.
- Cover the pot almost but not completely and let boil, at low temperature, for 3 hours.
- When it is ready, strain into another pot.
- The soup has to boil slowly to be really tasty.
- Serve with the desired accompaniment (noodles, dumplings, rice, etc.).