In Romanian: Crochete de gris
- 1 cup cream of wheat
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon lard for frying
- Boil the milk.
- When it is boiling, add the cream of wheat a little at a time, like a rain.
- Keep stirring.
- Let it boil until it resembles a soft polenta.
- Remove from heat, add butter and salt and mix.
- After cooling, add the beaten egg, mixing well.
- From this mixture, shape croquettes the size of a small sausage.
- Fry in hot lard and serve with sautes.