In Romanian: Castraveti cu carne de porc
- 1 lb / 500 g pork
- 8 medium-sized pickles
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- ½ teaspoon flour
- chopped dill
- Fry the pork pieces in lard until it starts to brown.
- Add the chopped onion and flour and let fry a little longer.
- Then add warm water to cover the pork pieces.
- Cover and simmer for half an hour.
- Prepare 2 inch / 5 – 6 cm long pieces of pickle.
- To the meat add pickles, tomato sauce, sugar, chopped dill and simmer until the meat is done and the liquid is reduced.
- You can also use raw onion instead of fried.
- In this case, add it with the warm water.