In Romanian: Mazurca in forma de romb
- 7 oz / 200 g butter
- 7 oz / 200 g confectioner's sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- a few ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla flavored sugar
- 1 lemon (grated peel + juice)
- 4 lbs / 2 kg baked and sieved (crushed) apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cream the butter with sugar and add the eggs one by one.
- Then gradually add the flour (like a rain), lemon juice and peel, ground cinnamon and cloves.
- Have ready 8 paper diamonds (4 inch sides).
- Butter these paper diamonds and lay them onto a baking sheet.
- Cover the paper diamonds with the prepared mixture in a ½ inch layer.
- When the diamonds are baked, spread each of them with the apple paste to which you added 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the diamonds on top of one another.
- Sprinkle vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar on top.