In Romanian: Gogoşi în stil romanesc
- Sprinkle flour on the work surface and then roll a one finger thick sheet of sweet bread dough.
- Cut rounds of dough with the doughnut cutter and place them on a cloth.
- Cover and let them double their bulk.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the doughnuts, turning them on all sides.
- Keep the heat low.
- When they are ready, remove with the slotted spoon and sprinkle with vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar.
- You can make doughnuts filled with marmalade or preserves.
- In this case, place the filling in the middle of one doughnut, cover with another one and stick the edges together.
- Then fry.
- Anyway, Romanian doughnuts are round with no hole and delicious!.