In Romanian: Boboc de rata pe varza acra
- 1 duckling
- 1 large can sauerkraut
- 3 tablespoons lard
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- a few pepper berries
- Clean, wash and salt the duckling.
- Let sit for one hour.
- In the meantime, fry the sauerkraut in lard, adding paprika, tomato sauce, pepper and salt (if needed).
- Arrange the sauerkraut in a uniform layer in a roasting pan and place the duckling on top.
- The duckling was previously dried and then greased with lard.
- Set into the oven and baste occasionally with the liquid in the pan.
- After the duckling has been roasted on one side, turn onto the other side.