In Romanian: Pasca cu smantana
- sweet bread dough
- Mix the yolks with the sugar, add salt, vanilla, sour cream and mix well, adding the flour gradually. Add the whipped egg whites.
- Roll a pencil thick sheet out of the sweet bread dough. Place in a baking pan.
- From another piece of dough form a long, finger thick roll and arrange it around the sheet, sticking to the walls of the pan.
- Place the filling within, without covering the roll on the edges.
- Make two more such dough rolls and place them over the filling in an X shape.
- After the cake has risen a bit in a warm place, use a little egg wash over the dough rolls.
- Set in the oven to bake. Remove from the pan when it is cold.