In Romanian: Pesmeciori din albus
- 2½ oz / 70 g (2 tablespoons) melted butter
- 5 oz / 150 g confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 whipped egg whites
- 3 – 4 tablespoons vanilla flavored sugar
- 5 oz / 150 g flour
- butter for greasing the pan
- Cream the butter with the sugar, add vanilla and flour, mixing well, then add the whipped egg whites, gently folding them in.
- Pour the mixture into a bread pan covered with buttered paper and bake at medium heat.
- Test with a wooden pick.
- Remove from the pan and leave until the next day when you cut into very thin slices.
- Cut each slice into 4 – 5 pieces.
- After that, put all the pieces into a large baking sheet and bake until crisp.
- When done, roll into vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar.