In Romanian: Salata de vinete in stil romanesc.
- 2 big eggplants
- 1 onion (to taste)
- 3 – 4 tablespoons oil
- a pinch of pepper (optional)
- green pepper
- Roast the eggplants, peel while still hot and then leave on a slanted cutting board to drain.
- Chop with a wooden or glass chopper, place in a bowl and then mix, using a wooden spoon, with a little oil at a time, until it whitens and becomes foamy.
- Add finely chopped onions (to taste), pepper and salt.
- Place in a a salad bowl or on a plate and garnish with tomato slices and rounds of green pepper.