In Romanian: Vinete inabusite in smantana.
- 3 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons butter or lard
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- Wash the eggplants, remove the stem and quarter them lengthwise.
- Then halve each quarter crosswise.
- Scald the eggplants with boiling salt water, leaving them in water for 5 minutes.
- Let drain in a colander for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Dredge each eggplant piece with flour and then fry in hot butter or lard.
- Place in a pan, pour the sour cream on top, salt and simmer at low temperature for half an hour, shaking the pan from time to time.
- Arrange on the platter and sprinkle with chopped dill.