In Romanian: Figaro
- 5 oz / 150 g butter
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz / 250 g flour
- peel and juice from ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 5 oz / 150 g sugar
- 5 oz / 150 g ground walnuts
- 10 oz / 300 g marmalade or preserves without syrup
- Mix the butter with 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar, add the yolks one by one.
- Mix well.
- Add juice and grated lemon peel, baking soda and vanilla and knead with the flour.
- Roll into a finger thick sheet and place in a pan.
- Bake at low heat until the sheet starts to rise and gets a crust.
- Then remove from the oven and quickly spread a layer of marmalade or preserves, topping with the whipped egg whites which have been mixed with 5 oz / 150 g sugar and ground walnuts.
- Put in the oven again and bake.
- When done, let it cool in the pan.
- Then cut into squares or rectangles.