In Romanian: Placintele prajite
- may be meat the same as for Meat Pie
- cottage or sheep's cheese the same as for Cottage Cheese Pie
- mushrooms, or
- Make a dough from oil, water, salt and flour.
- Knead well.
- It should be on the soft rather than hard side.
- Cover and let sit for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Then roll into a sheet a little thinner than a pencil, grease with a little melted lard and fold three ways across.
- Grease again with lard and fold again three ways, this time lengthwise.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the folding procedure, this time starting lengthwise and then across.
- After being refrigerated for 10 minutes, roll into a sheet a little thinner than a pencil and cut into 3 inch squares.
- Put a teaspoon of the desired filling on.
- Cover one corner with the opposite corner to obtain a triangle.
- These pies can be fried or baked.
- They may be served with soup.