In Romanian: Sarmale cu foi de vita si carne de miel
- 1¾ lb / 750 g ground lamb
- 4 large onions
- 2 tablespoons rice
- 1 bread slice
- 3 tablespoons lard
- ½ lb / 250 g grape leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 0.5 qt / 0,5 l borş
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yoghurt
- The grape leaves must be young.
- Wash a few times and scald with water.
- Grind the meat with the crustless bread slice (previously soaked and squeezed dry) and a raw onion.
- Place in a bowl and mix with rice, dill, pepper and salt and finely chopped onion slightly fried in two tablespoons of lard.
- Mix everything well.
- Take the grape leaves and then place a little meat in each leaf and roll in.
- Place a layer of rolls in the pan (take a deep one).
- Pour the borş on top and let simmer on top of the range for 30 minutes.
- Then place in the oven so that the liquid is reduced.
- Serve with sour cream or yoghurt.