In Romanian: Lichior de nuci verzi
- ½ lb / 200 g green walnuts
- vodka to cover them
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon anise
- 10 crushed cloves
- Slice the walnuts thinly, place in a jar and cover with vodka.
- Cork the bottle and keep it in the sun for two weeks.
- Strain the essence through cheese cloth, pour in a bottle (remove the walnuts), add cinnamon, cloves and anise.
- Cork the bottle and keep it in the sun for another two weeks.
- Make a syrup out of the sugar and water.
- When ready, add half of the strained essence and remove from heat.
- Let cool.
- Then add the other half of the strained essence, ½ qt / 0,5 l vodka and the caramelized sugar essence. It is better to filter this through special filter paper.
- Bottle the drink and keep in a cool place.