In Romanian: Tort Joffre
- 10 oz / 300 g chocolate
- ½ cup milk
- 10 oz / 300 g butter
- 7 yolks
- 5 oz / 150 g confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- Whip the egg whites with the sugar in a bowl placed in a larger one with boiling water.
- From this mixture, bake 5 sheets in the cake pan which was previously lightly waxed.
- Spread cream on the cold sheets, place one on top of the other and glaze with the same cream.
- For the cream, melt the chocolate in milk, let bubble for a minute or two, then refrigerate.
- In the meantime, beat the butter with the sugar, add the yolks, one by one, then gradually add the melted chocolate, mixing well, and the rum.