In Romanian: Stufat de miel
- 1 lb / 500 g lamb
- 30 green onions
- 30 green garlics
- 3 tablespoons lard
- ½ teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (or 1 lb / 500 g tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Cut the meat in pieces and fry it with a tablespoon of lard.
- Then add the flour, let it fry a little and remove from heat.
- Cut the green onions and green garlics in two inch pieces and fry separately in the remaining lard until slightly softened.
- Then place over the meat pieces.
- Add salt, tomato sauce or boiled and strained tomatoes, sugar and 2 – 3 tablespoons of water.
- Boil for a few minutes then set in the oven until the liquid is substantially reduced.