In Romanian: Praz umplut cu carne
- 1¾ lb / 700 g ground meat (mixture of beef and pork recommended)
- 4 big onions
- 2 tablespoons rice
- 1 slice bread
- 3 tablespoons lard
- 5 – 6 tomatoes or 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- chopped dill
- sour cream
- Grind the meat with the crustless bread slice (previously soaked and squeezed dry) and a raw onion.
- Place in a bowl and mix with rice, dill, pepper, salt and finely chopped onion slightly fried in two tablespoons of lard.
- Mix everything well.
- Cut the leeks into 3 inch pieces, blanch and remove the insides so as to get tubes.
- Fill with the ground meat mixture and place in a pan.
- Over a layer of stuffed leaks place a layer of finely chopped leeks (remaining from when you made tubes).
- Pour boiled and strained tomatoes (or tomato sauce) and add water so as to barely cover the leeks.
- Set to boil and when almost ready, place in the oven until the liquid is reduced well.
- Serve with sour cream.