In Romanian: Patratele
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- shortening for greasing the pan
- vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar
- Beat the yolks with the sugar until they lighten up.
- Add vanilla (stick ground with a little sugar) and sour cream, mix well and then gradually add the flour.
- At the end, gently fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan and bake, at low heat, for 25 – 30 minutes.
- When done, invert onto a wooden cutting board, laid with a cloth, sprinkle, while still hot, with vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar and when completely cold, cut into small squares and arrange on a plate.