In Romanian: Musaca de macaroane sau de taietei de casa
- 1¾ lb / 750 g ground sirloin
- 3 big onions
- 3 – 4 tablespoons lard
- 1 lb/500 g macaroni or home made pasta
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter or lard
- bread crumbs
- Boil the macaroni in salt water, rinse with cold water, drain well and mix with two beaten eggs and two tablespoons of butter or lard.
- In a well greased and covered with bread crumbs pan, arrange half of the macaroni, then the ground meat mixture and then the other half of macaroni.
- Spread bread crumbs, melted butter or lard and bake until golden-brown.
- Before serving, turn onto a round platter.