In Romanian: Macaroane cu brinza si sos de rosii
- 12 oz / 350 g macaroni
- 3 qts / 3 l water
- 3 – 4 tablespoons grated cheese (Parmesan or other)
- 3 tablespoons butter or lard
Tomato sauce Edit
- Set the salted water to boil.
- When it comes to a boil, add the macaroni.
- When it comes to a boil again, lower the heat and boil until done.
- Drain and wash with cold water.
- Melt the butter in a pot, add the macaroni, 2 tablespoons of cheese, mix well and place in the oven for a few minutes.
- Prepare a thick tomato sauce from the tomatoes and sugar.
- When serving, pour the sauce over the macaroni and add the cheese on top.