In Romanian: Tort Micado
- 14 oz / 400 g butter
- 14 oz / 400 g sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- flour as needed to make dough
- glacé fruits (preserves)
- Beat the butter, add the sour cream and baking soda, the flour and knead a medium soft dough, which you then divide into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each part into a round, finger thick sheet.
- Bake each of them separately and let cool.
- Then spread with the following cream:
- Caramelize ½ cup sugar, add milk, add another cup of sugar, baking soda and butter.
- Boil all this until you get a thick syrup as for sherbets.
- Remove from heat and beat (the same way as for sherbets).
- When it is almost cold, spread on the sheets.
- This must be done very fast.
- Place the sheets one on top of the other and glaze with the same cream.
- Garnish with glace fruits or preserves