In Romanian: Pilaf de ciuperci.
- Clean, wash and cut the mushrooms.
- Place in a pan, with the chopped onions and 2 cups of water.
- Simmer for approx. 15 minutes.
- Drain and measure the mushroom liquid.
- You must have 2 cups of liquid.
- If there is more, throw out the excess; if there is less, add water.
- Put the drained mushrooms in a pan, pour the 2 cups of liquid and add the rice which was previously washed and lightly fried in 3 tablespoons of oil, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, covered with a lid wrapped in a soaked and squeezed cloth.
- When the rice is almost done, place in the oven, at low heat, until ready.
- You may serve this dish warm or cold.