In Romanian: Ciuperci umplute cu creier
- 12 stuffing mushrooms
- ½ veal brain
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- Wash and salt the mushrooms.
- Chop the stems not too fine and fry in 1½ tablespoon of butter until soft.
- Boil the brain in salted water, remove the membranes, crush with a fork and mix well with the egg.
- Add the fried mushrooms, parsley, pepper, a little salt to the paste obtained and mix well.
- Fill the stuffing mushrooms with this mixture.
- Spread some breadcrumbs and then melted butter on each of them and then place in a buttered dish.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.