In Romanian: Mazare cu carne de vaca
- 1 lb / 500 g beef
- 2 lbs / 1 kg shelled peas
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons lard
- ½ teaspoon flour
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (or 2 tablespoons milk)
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- Cut the meat in bite size pieces, fry in lard, then add a finely chopped onion and let it fry just a little.
- Add the flour, mix, so that it does not fry and then add the beef broth or water.
- Cover and let boil at slow temperature until the meat is almost tender.
- Add the peas, salt, sugar, dill, sour cream or milk and let boil at slow temperature until most of the liquid is gone.
- You can replace the fried onion with grated raw onion.
- In this case, add with the broth or water.