In Romanian: Legume asortate in otet
- 15 green bell peppers
- 30 red bell peppers
- 2 big carrots
- 2 big celery roots
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 big garlic heads
- 1 lb/500 g shallots
Vinegar mixture Edit
This mixture can be scaled up or down as necessary
- 1 qt / 1 l vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 heaping tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- a few bay leaves
- a few juniper berries
- Remove core and seeds from peppers.
- Wash and section each pepper in 8 parts.
- Clean, wash and cube the carrots and celery roots.
- Clean the garlic and onions and keep whole.
- Divide the cauliflower in flowerets.
- Arrange in a jar, placing assorted layers of everything.
- Set to boil the vinegar with the water, sugar and honey (or replace honey with another ½ tablespoon sugar).
- Add the bay leaves and juniper berries and let boil for a few minutes.
- Pour the mixture while hot, a little at a time.
- After it has cooled, tie the jar with cellophane.