In Romanian: Ardei umpluti cu vinete.
- 6 large peppers
- 1 lb / 500 g tomatoes
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 onions
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mixed chopped parsley and dill
- Wash the peppers, dry, remove cores and shake out the seeds.
- Mix the baked, peeled and chopped eggplants with the fried onions, egg, salt, pepper and flour.
- Fill the peppers with this mixture.
- Cover each pepper with a lid made out of a tomato slice and fry in lard.
- Arrange in a pot and pour over them a sauce made from boiled and sieved tomatoes mixed with some salt, sugar and the lard remaining from the pepper frying.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and dill on top and bake at low heat until the peppers are softened.