In Romanian: Crap rasol
- 2 lbs / 1 kg carp
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- 2 – 3 pepper berries
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 – 3 potatoes
- Clean, wash, salt the carp and let it sit for 10 – 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, set the vegetables to boil with 1 qt / 1 l of water, some salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- Let boil until the vegetables are tender.
- Then remove from heat, add the quartered potatoes and let boil for a few minutes.
- Then add the carp pieces.
- Let everything simmer, covered, until the and potatoes are done.
- After the has cooled off, remove from the pot and place in the middle of a platter, surrounded by vegetables and potatoes.
- Mix the oil with the lemon juice and 2 – 3 tablespoons of the poaching liquid and pour over the and vegetables.
- Then spread some chopped parsley on top of that.