Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Placinta cu poale-n briu
- 2 lbs / 1 kg flour
- 1 oz / 30 g yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- cottage cheese (to taste)
- egg for washing the dough
- flour for the pan
- In a larger bowl, mix the yeast with the sugar until liquefied.
- Add 2 tablespoons of tepid milk, a little flour and mix well.
- Cover and let sit in a warm place.
- When it has risen a little, add the eggs beaten with the milk, oil and lard, all of them warmish.
- Add salt and knead with flour until the dough comes off your hands and bowl easily.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place.
- When the dough has risen, roll into a ½ inch sheet.
- Cut into medium sized squares and arrange the filling, prepared like in Cottage Cheese Pie in the middle.
- Bring the corners over the cheese envelope style.
- Stick well so that the filling may not come out.
- Sprinkle flour on the baking sheet and arrange the envelopes 1 - 2 inches apart.
- Let rise on the baking sheet for 15 – 20 minutes, wash with egg and bake.