In Romanian: Gogosi din cartofi
- 4 big potatoes
- 2 oz / 50 g yeast
- 7 oz / 200 g sour cream
- 3 yolks
- flour as needed to make a dough
- 1 cup oil for frying
- chopped ham or sheep's cheese
- Roast the potatoes in their jackets, then peel and grate them (while they are hot).
- Place them in a bowl, add the yeast mixed with the sour cream and yolks, salt and mix with flour to make a medium soft dough.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and let rise in a warm place.
- After it has risen well, roll a sheet the thickness of a pencil.
- Cut rounds with a glass and place some ground ham or crumbled sheep cheese mixed with an egg on each round.
- Cover with another round and make sure the edges stick.
- Fry in hot oil and serve hot with tea.