In Romanian: Chiftelute de cartofi umplute cu brinza.
- 1 lb / 500 g potatoes,
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 5 oz / 150 g sheep's cheese mixed with 1 egg
- 2 – 3 tablespoons lard or oil for frying
- Peel the potatoes, boil, drain and crush with the potato press, sieve or grind.
- Put in a bowl, add flour, salt, pepper and beaten egg, mixing well.
- Make the pancakes much thinner than usual though.
- Put some grated cheese mixed with egg on top of half of the pancakes and cover with the other half of the pancakes.
- Make sure the edges are sticking together by pressing down with your fingers.
- Dredge with flour and fry.