In Romanian: Chiftelute de cartofi umplute cu varza acra.
- 1 lb / 500 g potatoes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- pepper (optional)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons lard or oil for frying
- some sauerkraut
- Peel the potatoes, boil, drain and crush with the potato press, sieve or grind.
- Put in a bowl, add flour, salt, pepper and beaten egg, mixing well.
- Make the pancakes much thinner than usual though and sandwich a little tempered cabbage between each two.
- Stick the edges firmly together.
- Dredge with flour and fry.