Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Musaca de cartofi cu carne
- 1 lb / 500 g ground sirloin
- 1¾ lb / 750 g potatoes
- 2 onions
- 3 tablespoons lard
- chopped parsley and dill
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce or 3 – 4 tomatoes
- bread crumbs
- Peel the potatoes and cut into finger thick slices.
- Salt them and let sit for a few minutes.
- Then dry and fry on both sides.
- Grind the meat with two raw onions and then set in a pan to fry with a tablespoon of lard.
- Add salt and pepper and fry lightly (do not overfry).
- In a pan greased with lard and covered with bread crumbs, arrange a layer of potatoes and then a layer of the meat mixture.
- Do this until all potatoes and all meat are used up, taking care that the last layer is potatoes.
- Spread chopped parsley and dill between all layers.
- Pour a tablespoon of tomato sauce mixed with a cup of meat broth (or arrange tomato slices) over the potatoes.
- If using tomato slices do not use tomato sauce.
- Bake in the oven until the liquid is substantially reduced.