In Romanian: Covrigei II
- 12 oz / 350 g flour
- 12 oz / 350 g butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 hard boiled and sieved yolks
- 1 whole raw egg
- vanilla or lemon peel
- Cream the butter with the sugar, add the sieved yolks, whole egg, vanilla and knead well with the flour.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 – 2 hours.
- Then make pretzels and bake at medium heat.
- When the edges start to turn golden, they are done.
- They should remain white in the middle.
- Quickly remove from the baking sheet while still hot.