In Romanian: Gogosi pripite (fara drojdie)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water (milk)
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 – 3 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- juice from ½ lemon
- oil for frying
- Set the water (milk) to boil with butter and salt; when it starts boiling, remove from heat, add the flour and at the same time, start stirring with a spoon.
- Return to slow heat and keep stirring until the mixture starts to come off the sides of the pan.
- Let cool, add lemon juice and 4 eggs previously mixed with sugar.
- Mix everything well.
- With a well greased teaspoon, take spoonfuls of the mixture and drop into hot oil to fry.
- The paste should not be too runny or too firm.
- It should keep its shape where it is dropped.
- Fry until golden-brown and then sprinkle with vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar.