In Romanian: Pirjoale de iepure
- 1 lb / 500 g ground rabbit
- 3 onions
- 1 egg
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons lard
- garlic, to taste
- lard for frying
- bread crumbs
- Grind the meat with a raw onion, soaked and squeezed bread and two finely chopped and lightly fried (in a tablespoon of lard) onions.
- Place the mixture in a bowl, add an egg, salt, pepper and chopped garlic.
- Mix everything well.
- Take tablespoons of the mixture and with wet hands shape into round or oval patties.
- Then bread them and fry in hot lard on both sides.
- Serve hot, with mashed potatoes, vegetable sautes, lettuce or pickles.